We are here for you.
If you’ve had an abortion, you already know it can be a traumatic experience. Maybe you felt like you had no other option. Whatever your circumstances, know this: it is not the end of your story. No, you can’t undo the past, but you are valuable, and your story is still being written.
The following list has been designed to help you identify symptoms in your life that may be related to a past abortion experience.
Some of these symptoms may pertain to you:
- Feelings of loss
- Recurring thoughts about the abortion(s)
- Crying episodes
- Inability to sustain an intimate relationship
- Preoccupation with anniversaries, i.e., date of the abortion(s) or due date(s)
- Obsession with children or childbearing issues
- Avoidance of small children and babies
- Increased alcohol use
- Drug abuse
- Repeat abortions
- Multiple sexual relationships
- Engaging in any of the following to excess: school, work, exercise, eating, or dieting
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feelings of numbness
- Lack of self-esteem
- Suicidal impulses
- Desire for secrecy about the abortion
- Disinterest in sex
If this list describes you, take heart. There is hope for you—you don’t have to stay where you are!
If you are experiencing these or similar symptoms and would like to talk with a trained, non-judgmental counselor in a confidential environment, please call Pathways of Pella at 641-628-4827 or 1-800-395-HELP or come in during our office hours (listed below).
Open: Mon, Tues, Thurs: 10 am – 4 pm
703 Main St.
Pella, IA 50219
1-800-395-HELP (4357) after hours
Mon, Tues, Thurs: 10 am - 4 pm
Appointments preferred; walk-ins accepted.
All are free and confidential.
DID YOU KNOW?
We offer free:
- Clothing & Winter Coats for children up to 24months
- Diapers (size 1-4)
- Parenting Classes (you can qualify for free crib/car seat)