So you’re pregnant, or think you might be?
Did you never expect to say yes to that question? Feel scared? Angry? Guilty? Overwhelmed? Or… alone?
Your situation is not hopeless. You have options. Pathways of Pella wants to help you. We care about you, and we’d love to come alongside you and walk with you through your pregnancy. All our services are free and confidential. We offer multiple kinds of support, designed to equip you to make the best decisions. From options counseling to… yes… diapers, Pathways is able and eager to help you. Just need to talk to someone? Give us a call!
Whether you’re from Pella, Oskaloosa, Knoxville, or a student at William Penn University, Central College, or elsewhere, we’d love to hear from you. Call and make an appointment today.
You might be pregnant if:
- You have missed one or more menstrual periods
- Your breasts are swollen and/or tender
- You are nauseated or have had a change in appetite
- You are tired or dizzy
- You have to urinate more often
- You have recently gained or lost weight
These signs and symptoms are not unique to pregnancy; also, you may be pregnant without experiencing any of these symptoms.
It is important to be tested.
When you need an answer quickly, Pathways of Pella is here for you. We offer a free pregnancy test that checks for the presence of HCG, the hormone that indicates if you are pregnant.
The test is the same as that used in many doctors’ offices. It can detect pregnancy just three to four days after the egg is fertilized, and has a 99% accuracy rate.
What about home pregnancy Test & false negatives:
Home test are designed to tell you if your urine contains a hormone called HCG. In some cases you may get a false negative. Here are some reasons you may get a false negative:
- Test has expired
- You did the test incorrectly
- You tested too soon
- Your urine is too diluted because you consumed too much liquid prior to doing the test
- You are taking certain medications ie: diuretics or antihistamines.
703 Main St.
Pella, IA 50219
1-800-395-HELP (4357) after hours
Mon, Tues, Thurs: 10 am - 4 pm
Appointments preferred; walk-ins accepted.
All are free and confidential.
DID YOU KNOW?
We offer free:
- Diapers (size 1-4)
- Parenting Classes (you can qualify for free crib/car seat)